- single knee to chest and hold to slow count of 5, then repeat with other leg.
- both knees to chest and hold.
- trunk rotation to one side, then the other - hold in each direction. keep my opposite shoulder on the floor
- straight leg stretch using a yoga strap
- rock on my back - forward and back - holding my thighs and then sit up
- butterfly pose.
- if I'm feeling particularly froggy, I do the frog pose: squat down onto toes, heels lifted and touching each other, fingertips on floor in front of toes. Breathe in as I stretch my legs up, heels stay together and still on toes. keep hands on floor, then breathe out and squat back down to starting position.
- Added in July:
downward dog pose
- plank - from downward dog, I place my hands forward a bit and lower my trunk to hold straight like a plank with weight bearing on my hands and toes
Each morning (when I'm good) I do these exercises on a 1/2 inch black foam exercise mat I bought at Dunham's for $17.